I counted 34 models and 27 members in attendance last night! From John Bray's metal winning figures to Dan Yakel's tanks and the smattering of jets and props. We even had Doc's research vessel nee ice breaker (but no E-boot).
- Time to start thinking about 2017 themes. Already! Send me your thoughts and ideas, if we have more than 9 I'll put it to a vote, as usual.
- Meeting location...we decided to let this sleeping dog lie until it is a real issue.
- Newsletter. Technically we are no longer doing a formal newsletter, however I'll still post to the blog any news, announcements, photos of models, etc. Anyone should be able to post comments (see below) but not to individual photos. Again, because not everyone is on some social media site.
- Model shop orders as a group will end with June's order. Dave has been graciously aggregating our orders each month to take advantage of shipping rates but now it's time for him to pass that task on. Given the Summer arrival of Dave 2.0 he will be very very busy with other tasks...like sleep. So if anyone is willing to step into this role, speak up.
- 23rd April is a kit sale at the Veteran's Museum. I'll post a separate note on this with links and directions.
Until next time...keep the glue on the plastic and build what YOU like.