23 members and even though Dan didn't get to discuss his kits we hit 50. This may be a record...
- Camberee -- Wes (PRNAM) is trying to get this started; it's been postponed. He's looking for kits to provide for a make-n-take. They'd need to be snap together kits, so I've contacted Angel at Micro World Games to see if he can get a deal through Revell for their Snap-Tites. No response yet from Revell. To make the order the Museum will need to guarantee the order.
- Building B renovation progress -- Chuck provide an update. Essentially we can continue to meet in the conference room as the renovation work likely won't affect us directly. The Museum is weighing changes to the conference room, such as knocking down the wall to expand it.
NB: We have reached capacity for the conference room. Our options so far are:
- Move out into the open hangar area (noisy, poor acoustics);
- Move to another venue TBD (something up Rt 235 would be good);
- Wait for Hobby Lobby and move there if they allow;
- Hope the Museum expands the conference room.
I believe option 4 would be temporary. We keep getting more members, and if we start averaging 25 each month (max is 30, average is currently ~18 and growing) even an expanded conference room would not work. On top of that, we are starting to "advertise" via displays at ODO, NoVA and MarauderCon.
- Display Cabinets -- The Museum has one set aside for us. Proposal (since it's small) is to display the monthly theme winner. Mechanically, after the meeting put your model in the display and sometime over the next week drop in and put a writeup with it. "Last month" would take theirs home. For December the November model stays until January. We can start anytime we're ready...
- Old Dominion Open -- Whitey got us a table, I've got a runner with the Club logo. Plan is to display the Big Bomber Build kits like we did at MarauderCon.